Saturday, August 1, 2009

Four Hours Gone; Still Procrastinating.

Lights are more or less fixed. Just that it still needs the director’s green lights. Angling still has to be made to fit the choreographies. Yeapp! Touching up on the sound and light cues! It’s finishing!
The soundtrack for Scene 6 is done!

It is purposely created with an overall tension level of low-buildup-climax-break-low.
Playing around with the lighting designs set on Friday, I’ve pieced out one rather, cool, arrangement. Maybe bound for some negative comments but alas, we’ll see.

Here’s the arrangement:

· Horror 2
to set the scene.

· La Coimhthioch Fan Dtuach
to re-introduce the child; and re-introduce the relations of other characters to her.

· Recuerdos De La Alhambra
to set the scene in a low mood first with a very gradual build-up.

· There are some remedies worse.
Climax! The explosion!

· Illusions II
Resolution after the “break”. Realization of the child.


From here, it’s easy to explain the lighting design set for scene 6.
With the main theme of blue, it compromises the “sad realization” noticed by the child. Making it sounds / looks normal, rather than forced.

Here’s the arrangement:

· Blue backlights.

· Introduction of white and red side lights.

· Introduction of centre spot light;

· Dimming of centre spot; introducing of more surround lights, focusing the centre of action;

· Introducing of more blue side lights (intelligent lights);

· Black out with music;

· Blue back and sidelights, with a little interruption of the white sides.

· Fade out; scene ends.


I’ve tried my best to incorporate the song “dong1 tian1 lai2 le4” into the piece but the intro stretches too long. It acts as a build up and in my opinion; the vocal portion destroys the effect I want to portray. Well, at least I’ve tried. Now I’ve replaced it with Recuerdos De La Alhambra for a similar intention. That piece can be easily cut and arranged into different segments the way I want (it’ve more phrasings).

Yeapp. And I’m very sorry if I’ve angered anyone of you guys (group members) in my 2 previous posts). I know I’ve been really emotional. Haven’t recovered from the blow I’ve got from not just the results but the in-class discriminations by my GP tutor for being a TSD student.

No comments:

Post a Comment