Sunday, July 26, 2009

3 meals a day; we must eat!

My apologies for the late post. Blogger haven’t been doing me good.
There were slight changes to the multi-media set. Well, we’ve incorporated the use of the “fish-eye effect”, which is also called warp, into our projection. Yes, brilliant, isn’t it? Not my idea because I don’t have that software for such brilliant thing. Now I’ve to find a photoshop. And also because of this, we’d have to use pictures to substitute all the video sections. Wow.

And that’s freaking taxing. Thanks Steph. I know you know not so much about how things work here.
Currently, I’m still sourcing for softwares to produce the fish-eye effect. Oh yes, I’m not really against the idea. I mean, it’s brilliant! Superbly good. But it ain’t feasible? Yeah?

Lighting wise;
Designs for the first 4 scenes have been (not fixed) but set. Though some things still needs editing, others (such as colours), are more or less done up. Installations of side lights completed! =D And I’ve found out that we don’t have that many flood lights and extension wires, so I’ve decided to abolish the oh-so-brilliant idea of using floods as a side effect.

So much for that, I hope I’m not eating too much into other groups’ usage of lights because they base their lighting sequences, or design, on ours. (Well, so far, that’s the case.) But whatever it is, everything’s going in such worrying pace, I’ve no clue how it’s gonna be done up properly.

Set wise;
Not so good. The movements are taking up so much space, there’s apparently no space for the installation of side-screen and we just “found out” that black absorbs colours! As a physics student, I’m guilty of not raising it up to the group.

Why not we’ve a white screen instead? I mean, white reflects lights (also colours!). So if we project anything on a white screen, all can be seen. If our scrim’s gonna be coloured, then the colour of the scrim will be emphasized and everything else will diminish and the effect we want would be gone!
Pardon my long sentences, I’m really worried.

For me, I’ve not been really working hard to accomplish some work done. Basically because I need side references and help. And with the pace the group is going, it’s tough for me to accomplish such activity in a short time. Well, we’ll still see. So far, there’s still time.
So much for that, everything’s going fine.

Oh yes! Musique! xP
Music choices are starting to differ and vary! Well, I’ve looked into expressionistic pieces other than Anime soundtracks. Things researched on are Irish folk music, and expressionistic artists such as John Cage and Steve Reich. Okay maybe not so much of the “expressionistic” factor but more or impressionistic art. That’s to actually fit into the groups’ piece. Well, yeah. The group in all, must come to the consensus on the choice of music otherwise, nothing else will work since they must listen to them oh-so-frequently.
Whatever it is, this is how it’s all going.

No comments:

Post a Comment